Archive for the ‘iPhone’ Category
New iPhone 7, Apple Watch, and Beats lineups:
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus:
iPhone 7 is the best, most advanced iPhone yet. It features new advanced camera systems, the fastest performance with the best battery life ever on an iPhone, immersive stereo speakers, wide color gamut Retina HD display, new solid-state Home button, two beautiful new finishes—black and jet black—and it’s the first water and dust resistant iPhone. Available September 16. You can pre-order the new iPhone 7 Starting 7-9-16.
AirPods reinvent the wireless audio experience. Automatically on and always connected, they’re powered by the custom Apple W1 chip, feature one-tap set up with iPhone, and deliver industry-leading battery life with an always-ready charging case. Available late October.
Apple Watch Series 2 is the next generation of the world’s most popular smartwatch. It’s packed with incredible fitness and health capabilities, including water resistance to 50 meters for swimming and built-in GPS. It also features a display that’s more than two times brighter, and a powerful dual-core processor and GPU. The new lineup includes the perfect running partner with Apple Watch Nike+, new models of Apple Watch Hermès with new band colors, and a strikingly beautiful ceramic case with Apple Watch Edition. Apple Watch Series 2 and Apple Watch Edition will be available September 16. Apple Watch Hermès will be available September 23. Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in October.
Apple Watch Series 1 has all the features of the original Apple Watch and the same powerful dual-core processor and GPU in Apple Watch Series 2. Available September 16.
Beats and Apple are changing the way you listen to music with the introduction of three new wireless products—Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless, and BeatsX. They feature the new Apple W1 chip which delivers easy pairing with your Apple devices, even better battery life, and Fast Fuel charging. And Beats will feature these products in its largest campaign ever, “Got No Strings.” Beats Solo3 Wireless are available now. Powerbeats3 Wireless and BeatsX will be available fall 2016.
Get Your iPhone 7 accessories at MacMedics:
Skip the mall and come straight to MacMedics for all of the new accessories for the iPhone, like cases, EarPods, AirPods, tempered glass screen protectors, cables, and adapters.
As an Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider, we service and repair all Macs—even vintage and obsolete models—and iOS devices, including iPhone and Apple Watch. As an Apple Authorized Reseller, we sell all Apple items at the same prices as the Apple Store (except iPhone and Apple Watch). MacMedics is your best option for all things Apple! We can even service Vintage and Obsolete Apple items.
Our new retail MacMedics store in Severna Park, Maryland is going great! Thank you for the amazing support and welcome!
If you have not been by to visit yet, we’re an Apple Authorized Reseller and an Apple Premium Service Provider. (The only such place in Anne Arundel County – We service EVERYTHING that Apple makes currently as well as all Apple Vintage & Obsolete products. We are Apple Authorized to sell everything but the iPhone & Watch.) We were recently voted “Best of Severna Park” for “Computer Service”.
We’ve just added more staff and expanded and streamlined our Apple Authorized iPhone service.
If your iPhone is under AppleCare+ and you have a screen break, we can help! We will provide you with a FREE Apple supplied loaner iPhone while your iPhone is being repaired or replaced at Apple Depot. You just pay your AppleCare+ deductible of $29. If your iPhone is liquid damaged or seriously damaged, we can just request a new iPhone from Apple, and they usually come the next day. With this service, there is no free loaner, but you do get a new iPhone the next business day. As always, MacMedics service is with NO appointments!
If your iPhone is out of warranty and you need an Apple Authorized repair, we’re here for you. $25 rental iPhones are available while yours is being repaired. If you also need us to backup your iPhone (without data recovery) and place your data on your repaired iPhone, that’s $25 as well.
MacMedics is also able to offer iPhone Data Recovery. Just stop by and let us have a look.
In almost all cases, the official Apple iPhone glass/LCD service like we offer at MacMedics is LESS than a non-authorized 3rd-party repair from a non-Apple shop or kiosk.
Also, if you have the Verizon or ATT service plans, their deductible is $199, so you will be better off having MacMedics repair your iPhone screen/LCD break for less than that, and in the end, you still have a 100% Apple iPhone with 100% real all-Apple parts.
Non-Apple iPhone parts are just that, not made by Apple and thus not as reliable or durable. Plus, 3rd-party shops DO NOT properly place the iPhone screen back into the iPhone body, as it’s done by hand without calibration.
If you ended up with a non-Apple repair and you re-broke your screen (3rd-party screens are more brittle) or your 3rd-party screen reapir is not seated properly or just not working correctly, you CAN have MacMedics replace it with a genuine Apple Authorized glass or LCD service for the same price anyone would normally pay with an Apple screen.
Apple iPhone Repair Service 5-Star Review: “Life saver, absolutely amazing customer service and the price can’t be beat!!”
MacMedics is an Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider, and as such we service every item that Apple makes, including ALL Macintosh computer models (new, under Apple Warranty or AppleCare, Vintage (over 5-years old and no longer supposed by Apple), or Obsolete models), the iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. See http://www.macmedics.com/iphone for more info.
Recent 5-Star Review:
“Life saver, absolutely amazing customer service and the price can’t be beat!! I found MacMedics online after being totally disappointment with my local Apple store that said my water damaged iPhone 5 could not be repaired; it wouldn’t charge. Instead, they sold me a brand new iPhone to the tune of $800+ after it was all said and done. I looked online and found that the charger could be repaired, so off I went to find a repair shop. Walked into MacMedics and Sam checked my phone and said he thought it could be repaired, had to order the part which would arrive the next day. Sure enough, he called me the next day and said the phone was repaired. Cost me less than $90. I will be returning my brand new iPhone to the Apple store tomorrow. So glad I didn’t take those guys at their word. If I ever have another issue with my iPhone or other Apple product, I will go directly to MacMedics and bypass the Apple stores all together. I highly recommend MacMedics and will be referring them to all my friends. Thank you Sam for fixing my iPhone and saving me hundreds of dollars. I wish all service techs had your skill.”
TODAY’s Matt Lauer speaks with digital expert Mario Armstrong about possible new features for Apple’s iPhone 5 and how this model will be different from earlier versions.
Mario gives MacMedics owner Dana Stibolt a mention during the interview.
In the shop, when I am advising MacMedics clients, I find myself going back to this blog post from www.younghouselove.com over and over when advising folks on backups: 9 Things We Wished We Did Before Our House Burned Down.
I’ve posted a recap with some of my own thoughts with an emphasis on backups and insurance.
We deal with clients almost everyday who have lost their data by way of hard drive failure, but lots of other clients, some who were even backed up, have lost their data in some other way.
Even if you don’t make it over to www.younghouselove.com, please take a minute to read these highlights with some MacMedics tips:
1. Subscribe to an online data backup service (The writer of the original story says: My external back up drive sat right next to my laptop in my office).
2. Keep passports in a safe deposit box. [MacMedics Pro Tip: Make copies as well, and store a digital copy in your new online backup service too! Dropbox might be a good place. Also when traveling copy medical docuemnts, drivers license, passport, and other fiels you might need onto an encrypted and password protected thumb drive.]
3. Take pictures of each room initially and update them as improvements are made (storing them somewhere offsite – like Flickr).
4. Take pictures and keep hyperlinks of all expensive purchases, including jewelry.
5. Hire an architect (my dad in our case) or use floorplanner.com to document each floor layout along with precise wall/ceiling measurements, each outlet, light switch, crown molding, other trim, type of flooring, any unique items to structure of property. [MacMedics Pro Tip: When you rebuild, the insurance company will try to pay the lowest amount by building things as basic as possible. By having a detailed floor plan with engineering plans along with pictures of each wall, you can force them to build it the way it was!]
6. Put phones in a consistent place each night. [MacMedics Pro Tip: iPhone is right there 24/7!]
7. Get fire ladders for any second floor bedrooms.
8. Scan each photo and receipt, again keeping them offsite, or on an online data backup service.
9. Do not be frugal with homeowner’s insurance. Spend the extra $50 per year for the most coverage. [MacMedics Pro Tip: Highly recommended! Buy a replacement policy rider for anything you have that is valuable. If your $3000 camera or computer system burns up, it’s going to be hard to get the full amount. Insurance might pay for $500 to $1000. Also, see SafeWare.com for computer insurance. If you don’t own your home, get renter’s insurance. It’s super cheap! Clothes are also not fully covered in most polices. If you had to replace every single piece of clothing your family owns, that could cost you $10,000 right there. Insurance will not cover all of that that.]
There are lots of places to backup on-line. We like Crashplan, so much so we host our own Crashplan server, so if you’d like pricing on having us host your backup, please get in touch.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
• Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
• Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
• Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
• Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
If you have purchased a new Verizon iPhone 4S that you upgraded from AT&T you may have noticed that your contacts and phone numbers are missing the “dashes”. The phone numbers all look like 4109878588 instead of (410) 987-8588.
When you set up your new Verizon iPhone 4S and restore from a backup from an old device like the iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4, or even an AT&T iPhone 4S you’ll see this issue.
In order to fix this problem, the solution is pretty simple. All you have to do is have Verizon re-activate your iPhone 4S.
Here are the steps to resolve the problem:
1. Use your new iPhone to dial *228. This is the Verizon over-the-air programming number.
2. When the system answers press 1 for “Program or activate your phone”.
3. Wait for the call to disconnect. You should get a prompt stating that “Your settings have been updated”.
4. Open the Task Manager by double clicking the home button and close all of the apps by holding down one of them until they wiggle. Then press the minus icon above them to close all.
5. Wait a few minutes for everything to update.
6. Open “Contacts” to verify the formatting problem was corrected.
If the problem is still not resolved, make sure to close out all of your apps
iOS 5 Software Update
This update contains over 200 new features, including the following:
• Swipe from the top of any screen to view notifications in one place with Notification Center
• New notifications appear briefly at the top of the screen
• View notifications from lock screen
• Slide the notification app icon to the right on the lock screen to go directly to the app
• Send and receive unlimited text, photo, and video messages with other iOS 5 users
• Track messages with delivery and read receipts
• Group messaging and secure encryption
• Works over cellular network and Wi-Fi*
• Automatically organizes magazine and newspaper subscriptions on Home Screen
• Displays the cover of the latest issue
• Background downloads of new issues
• Reminders for managing to do lists
• Syncs with iCloud, iCal and Outlook
• Location-based reminders when you leave or arrive at a location for iPhone 4S and iPhone 4
• Built-in support for Twitter
• Sign-in once in Settings and tweet directly from Camera, Photos, Maps, Safari and YouTube
• Add location to any tweet
• View twitter profile pictures and usernames in Contacts
• Camera improvements for devices with cameras
• Double click the home button when device is asleep to bring up a camera shortcut on iPhone 4S,
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
• Volume Up button to take a picture
• Optional grid lines to line up shots
• Pinch to zoom in the preview screen
• Swipe to camera roll from preview screen
• Tap and hold to lock focus and exposure, iPad 2 and iPod touch (4th generation) only support exposure lock
• Photo improvements for devices with cameras
• Crop and rotate
• Red eye removal
• One tap enhance
• Organize photos into albums
• Mail improvements
• Format text using bold, italic, or underlined fonts
• Indentation control
• Drag to rearrange names in address fields
• Flag messages
• Mass mark messages as flagged, read or unread
• Customize mail alert sounds
• Calendar improvements
• Year view on iPad and new Week view for iPhone and iPod touch
• Tap to create an event
• View and add event attachments
• Game Center improvements
• Use personal photos for your Game Center account
• Compare your overall achievement scores with your friends
• Find new Game Center friends with friend recommendations and friends of friends
• Discover new games with custom game recommendations
• AirPlay Mirroring for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S
• Multitasking Gestures for iPad
• Use four or five fingers to pinch to the Home Screen
• Swipe up to reveal the multitasking bar
• Swipe left or right to switch between apps
• On-device setup, activation and configuration with Setup Assistant
• Software updates available over the air without tethering
• iCloud support
• iTunes in the Cloud
• Photo Stream
• Documents in the Cloud
• Apps and Books automatic download and purchase history
• Contacts, Calendar, and Mail
• Find My iPhone
• Redesigned Music app for iPad
• Hourly weather forecast
• Real-time stock quotes
• Wireless sync to iTunes
• Keyboard improvements
• Split keyboard for iPad
• Improved autocorrection accuracy
• Improved Chinese and Japanese input
• New Emoji keyboard
• Personal dictionary for autocorrection
• Optionally create keyboard short cuts for frequently used words
• Accessibility improvements
• Option to light LED flash on incoming calls and alerts for iPhone 4S and iPhone 4
• Custom vibration patterns for incoming calls on iPhone
• New interface for using iOS with mobility-impairment input devices
• Option to speak a selection of text
• Custom element labeling for VoiceOver
• Exchange ActiveSync improvements
• Wirelessly sync tasks
• Mark messages as flagged, read or unread
• Improved offline support
• Save a new contact from a GAL service
• More than 1,500 new developer APIs
• Bug fixes
Products compatible with this software update:
• iPhone 4S
• iPhone 4
• iPhone 3GS
• iPad 2
• iPod touch (4th generation)
• iPod touch (3rd generation)
* Normal carrier data rates may apply. Messages will be sent as SMS when iMessage is unavailable, carrier messaging fees apply.
MacMedics is an Apple Authorized Value Added Reseller for Macintosh computers, iPads, iPods, and the Apple TV.
Apple Announces iOS 5 and iCloud Availability
iOS 5 and iCloud will be available on October 12, 2011.
iOS 5 is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. It will be a free software update for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, and iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation).
iCloud is Apple’s breakthrough set of cloud services and will be available as a free download to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users running iOS 5 and Macs running OS X Lion. Using iCloud with a PC requires Windows Vista or Windows 7.
iTunes 10.5 is required for iCloud users. It will be available soon as a free update.
Apple Announces New Features and Lower Pricing for iPod touch and iPod nano
iPod touch now comes in black or white models and starts at just $199 (U.S.). It ships with iOS 5, with over 200 new features that include iMessage, Notification Center, Twitter integration, Reminders, and more. iPod touch is ready for iCloud, which stores your music, photos, documents, apps and more, and wirelessly pushes them to your other devices.
iPod nano now starts at just $129 (U.S.) and features a redesigned Multi-Touch user interface with larger icons, 16 new clock faces (including Mickey and Minnie Mouse), and improved built-in fitness features. iPod nano features the same great clip-on design and bright colors.
Are you ready for a new iPod or iPad? MacMedics is an Apple Authorized Value Added Reseller for Macintosh computers, iPads, iPods, and the Apple TV. If you have a broken, damaged, or even an old dead iPod or iPad, or just want to trade up to the newest model, we’ll give you a trade in credit towards a new iPod or iPad, and recycle the old one thru the proper recycling channels (if it’s no longer working). Call us at 1-866-MAC-MEDICS for more details!