Archive for the ‘iPods’ Category
Apple iPhone Repair Service 5-Star Review: “Life saver, absolutely amazing customer service and the price can’t be beat!!”
MacMedics is an Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider, and as such we service every item that Apple makes, including ALL Macintosh computer models (new, under Apple Warranty or AppleCare, Vintage (over 5-years old and no longer supposed by Apple), or Obsolete models), the iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. See http://www.macmedics.com/iphone for more info.
Recent 5-Star Review:
“Life saver, absolutely amazing customer service and the price can’t be beat!! I found MacMedics online after being totally disappointment with my local Apple store that said my water damaged iPhone 5 could not be repaired; it wouldn’t charge. Instead, they sold me a brand new iPhone to the tune of $800+ after it was all said and done. I looked online and found that the charger could be repaired, so off I went to find a repair shop. Walked into MacMedics and Sam checked my phone and said he thought it could be repaired, had to order the part which would arrive the next day. Sure enough, he called me the next day and said the phone was repaired. Cost me less than $90. I will be returning my brand new iPhone to the Apple store tomorrow. So glad I didn’t take those guys at their word. If I ever have another issue with my iPhone or other Apple product, I will go directly to MacMedics and bypass the Apple stores all together. I highly recommend MacMedics and will be referring them to all my friends. Thank you Sam for fixing my iPhone and saving me hundreds of dollars. I wish all service techs had your skill.”
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Opening In The MacMedics Baltimore Office
Come work for MacMedics, the company that revolutionized on-site AND in-lab Macintosh service, sales, support, and consulting in the Mid-Atlantic region. A unique opportunity to join the MacMedics team in is available for the right person.
MacMedics is seeking an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician to join our Apple Service team. Candidates must know their way around the inside of all Macintosh models. You would be working mostly in the MacMedics office in Severna Park, MD (near BWI) handing walk-in Apple warranty and non-warranty repairs, as well as repairing sick Macs for our on-site clients from time to time. This position would also include helping walk-in clients, answering the phone, helping clients trade-in and/or upgrade their Mac or iPad, add RAM and hard drive upgrades, and documenting your work with tech notes.
This position does have the potential for career advancement into other roles at MacMedics.
We’re looking for a for self-motivated person who is incredibly detail oriented and who can speak to clients on the phone with clarity and communicate well via email and tech notes.
The right applicant must be an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician and have at least 3 years of Apple hardware and software experience.
This job could be a path for career advancement for someone who is a Genius currently employed at the Apple Store who wants to get away from working in the mall, crazy retail hours, or working the night shift.
As a member of our team you will be entitled to the following:
1. A 40-hour work week. We love our work, but we know to be our best in the field our people need to be fresh and ready to think on their feet. Lots of IT firms promise big bucks, but they are weak on benefits and heavy on the hours.
2. A competitive salary that matches your experience.
3. A bonus plan that rewards you going the extra mile. If you can create results in a number of categories, you can add on serious dollars to your annual salary.
4. A real full-time job with a paycheck every two weeks. Lots of IT firms are looking for Mac folks to help them, but many of them only want to “contract” the help so they don’t have to pay benefits.
5. The best health and dental insurance money can buy, and MacMedics pays 75% of the premium for your first 2-years, then we pay 100%! And not just for you, but also for your spouse and children.
6. A 401K program with company match. We pay all the management fees and take whatever percentage or fixed figure you desire right out of your paycheck.
7. A MacBook Pro laptop computer, iPhone, and company paid iPhone service plan.
See more at http://www.macmedics.com/jobs
Apple Announces A New iPod touch 16GB Model
The new 16GB iPod touch model comes in five vibrant colors and features a 5-megapixel iSight camera.
Now every iPod touch features the iSight camera with 1080p HD video recording, brilliant 4-inch Retina display, A5 chip, and FaceTime camera.
With a new lower starting price of $199, the 16GB model is now the most affordable iPod touch yet.
MacMedics Is the Only Independent Apple Authorized Service Provider in Anne Arundel County, Maryland
MacMedics is the ONLY independent Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. MacMedics’ office in Severna Park, MD is close to the Annapolis and Columbia Apple Stores. (Our other office in the area is the MacMedics office in Lanham, MD, which is a good option for those that live or work closer to Washington DC.) So if you’ve got a tough Macintosh repair problem that the Apple Store could not solve, we are the closest place to visit for a second opinion.
MacMedics offers Macintosh help, training, Apple Authorized Service, and Apple Authorized Sales assistance without the hassle of:
A. getting to the mall.
B. finding a parking spot.
C. lugging your iMac or older Mac Pro desktop and walking it all the way through the mall.
D. trying to first get an appointment with an Apple Genius, and then not getting enough time to really pick their brains for expert Macintosh advice.
Plus as an added bonus, most MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air repairs are performed locally right here in our shop. The Apple Store will usually send your unit away for Apple Depot Service.
It’s also important to know that the Apple Store does not perform data recovery. If you think your data is at risk, having anyone look at it further or trying to copy the data in any way is usually a bad idea. As hard drives fail, they generate heat, and as they generate heat they fail further. We’ll remove the drive from your computer and put it right on our data recovery equipment to try and rescue your data. Our fee for this type of recovery is only $499 with a free 1TB USB hard drive. Read more about our process and levels of pricing here.
Our expert Apple Certified employees stand ready to help at anytime. We are super proud to be an award-winning Apple Authorized Service Provider, an Apple Authorized Value Added Reseller, an Apple Authorized Government Reseller, and Certified Members of the Apple Consultants Network.
We’re a great alternative to either buying a new Mac or bringing a sick Mac computer to the mall. In fact, we’re the only Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider in Anne Arundel or Prince Georges counties (or in the entire Baltimore or Washington DC area. There is only one other Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider in all of Maryland, according to Apple. This award recognizes us for several things, but most importantly for accuracy and speed of Macintosh repairs. There’s a reason that MacMedics is the most frequently referred service firm for tough Mac service cases, like LCD replacements, liquid damage, vintage or obsolete Mac equipment, and Macintosh data recovery. With well over 65,000 in-lab and on-site service cases and our staff’s combined Mac experience of over 200 years, MacMedics IS the place to bring your sick Mac!
Come visit either of our two fully-staffed and stocked Macintosh Service & Sales locations in Lanham, MD (1 Mile from I-495/I-95 just inside the Beltway of off Rt 50 and Martin Luther King Hwy.) or in Severna Park, MD (near BWI Airport 3 miles from I-97 or 1.5 mile from RT 2 Ritchie Highway).
For folks that live in Anne Arundel County or more specifically, Annapolis, Davidsonville, or Bowie and work in the Baltimore metro area, MacMedics in Severna Park, Maryland IS the most convenient option for Apple sales and service. We stock all of the most common Apple, computers, iPads, iPods, and Apple accessories, like MacBook & MacBook Pro batteries, PowerBook, iBook, and MagSafe and MagSafe 2 power adapters, back up hard drives, and FireWire & USB cables.
Also, in comparison to the Apple Store, our Apple Warranty and AppleCare service is the fastest. Most Apple warranty repairs are generally complete within 24-hours. With our Severna Park store being 3-minutes from I-97 or RT-2 and our Lanham office being 1-minute from RT 50, it’s super easy to get to us and drop off your repairs quickly. Pull up right at our office door and you can be inside in 5 steps.
Got a problem and want to talk about it? Just pick up the phone and call your nearest MacMedics office. It’s unlikely that you can get anyone at the Apple Store on the phone, and most other places just send you to voicemail. You will only get voicemail here if every single phone line we have is tied up (and that does happen).
MacMedics has been in business and fixing Macs all over town since before the Apple Store or anyone else. We are very proud to be celebrating 26-years of service to the Central Maryland, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Northern Virginia area!
MacMedics is an Apple Authorized Government Reseller
MacMedics has been supporting federal, state, and local government with proven and effective Apple solutions since 1989. As an Apple Authorized Government Reseller with over 25 years of Apple consulting and service experience, MacMedics has the solutions to stabilize your Apple environment, improve productivity, and enhance performance.
We can recommend, configure, pre-test, deliver, and install any Macintosh computer you require; from Mac Minis or iMacs to custom-configured MacBook Pros and Mac Pro towers, as well as Apple iPads, iPods, and the Apple TV.
We have the distinct advantage of being one of the first ever Apple consultants and we’ve built that 25 years of expert Macintosh consulting, service and sales into an impressive list of government clients who rely on MacMedics:
Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Baltimore City Police Department
Executive Office of the President
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI)
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
General Services Administration (GSA)
Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC)
Howard County, Maryland
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
Prince George’s County, Maryland
Prince George’s County Police
Small Business Administration (SBA)
United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
United States Department Of Commerce (DOC)
United States Department of the Interior (DOI)
United States Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum (USHMM)
United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
United States Mint
United States Naval Observatory (USNO)
United States Postal Service (USPS)
Here is what our contact at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said about MacMedics via a review on our profile on the Apple Consultants Network (ACN) website:
“MacMedics has been my go-to service provider for over ten years. They provide speedy, honest assessments, with reasonable rates. I can count on them to solve my problems quickly, and get me back to work in no time. They are the pros!”
Contact your local MacMedics office to request a quote for new Apple hardware for your agency.
The world’s most popular music and portable game player now comes in a 16GB model.
The new 16GB iPod touch (5th generation) features an ultrathin design in black & silver, 4-inch Retina display, A5 chip, and FaceTime HD camera. It replaces the 4th generation models.
The 32GB and 64GB iPod touch (5th generation) models with the iSight camera and iPod touch loop continue to be available.
TODAY’s Matt Lauer speaks with digital expert Mario Armstrong about possible new features for Apple’s iPhone 5 and how this model will be different from earlier versions.
Mario gives MacMedics owner Dana Stibolt a mention during the interview.
In the shop, when I am advising MacMedics clients, I find myself going back to this blog post from www.younghouselove.com over and over when advising folks on backups: 9 Things We Wished We Did Before Our House Burned Down.
I’ve posted a recap with some of my own thoughts with an emphasis on backups and insurance.
We deal with clients almost everyday who have lost their data by way of hard drive failure, but lots of other clients, some who were even backed up, have lost their data in some other way.
Even if you don’t make it over to www.younghouselove.com, please take a minute to read these highlights with some MacMedics tips:
1. Subscribe to an online data backup service (The writer of the original story says: My external back up drive sat right next to my laptop in my office).
2. Keep passports in a safe deposit box. [MacMedics Pro Tip: Make copies as well, and store a digital copy in your new online backup service too! Dropbox might be a good place. Also when traveling copy medical docuemnts, drivers license, passport, and other fiels you might need onto an encrypted and password protected thumb drive.]
3. Take pictures of each room initially and update them as improvements are made (storing them somewhere offsite – like Flickr).
4. Take pictures and keep hyperlinks of all expensive purchases, including jewelry.
5. Hire an architect (my dad in our case) or use floorplanner.com to document each floor layout along with precise wall/ceiling measurements, each outlet, light switch, crown molding, other trim, type of flooring, any unique items to structure of property. [MacMedics Pro Tip: When you rebuild, the insurance company will try to pay the lowest amount by building things as basic as possible. By having a detailed floor plan with engineering plans along with pictures of each wall, you can force them to build it the way it was!]
6. Put phones in a consistent place each night. [MacMedics Pro Tip: iPhone is right there 24/7!]
7. Get fire ladders for any second floor bedrooms.
8. Scan each photo and receipt, again keeping them offsite, or on an online data backup service.
9. Do not be frugal with homeowner’s insurance. Spend the extra $50 per year for the most coverage. [MacMedics Pro Tip: Highly recommended! Buy a replacement policy rider for anything you have that is valuable. If your $3000 camera or computer system burns up, it’s going to be hard to get the full amount. Insurance might pay for $500 to $1000. Also, see SafeWare.com for computer insurance. If you don’t own your home, get renter’s insurance. It’s super cheap! Clothes are also not fully covered in most polices. If you had to replace every single piece of clothing your family owns, that could cost you $10,000 right there. Insurance will not cover all of that that.]
There are lots of places to backup on-line. We like Crashplan, so much so we host our own Crashplan server, so if you’d like pricing on having us host your backup, please get in touch.
This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
• Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
• Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
• Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
• Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
• Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
There is really no substitute for accurate and authorized Apple repair service. Our talented and Apple Certified Macintosh techs solved another problem for two different Apple customers who both took the time to leave a 5-Star Review for both our Severna Park and Lanham offices this week.
When you’re having issues with your Mac, please come visit our fully staffed and stocked offices in either Severna Park or Lanham, Maryland. We’ll fix your Mac under Apple’s Limited Warranty or Apple’s extended warranty, AppleCare. Or, we can efficiently service your out of warranty, vintage, or obsolete Macintosh. When your Mac repair is complete, we’ll ensure you know everything you need to know in order to preserve and protect your valuable data and operate your computer successfully for as long as possible.
We love to help! So instead of making an appointment, trying to find parking, dealing with crowds, or having to worry about your data being erased, or having to deal with your computer being shipped away for repair, come see the Apple Certified Technicians at MacMedics.
Thanks to our customer, Mark, who had his Mac serviced in our Lanham office this week. Here’s his review from Yelp:
My Macintosh desktop computer had a complicated problem; part of the electronics had failed, while most individual components were fine. Since MacMedics is a certified Apple Service Provider and Reseller MacMedics correctly diagnosed the problem, which endless Apple phone support had been unable to do. The replacement part and labor were free, since my computer was still covered by the AppleCare Protection Plan. My computer now works better than when it was new. I also got some excellent technical advice on maintaining the computer, including information on back-up plans. I highly recommend MacMedics.
Also, thanks to our customer, Richard, who had his Mac serviced in our Severna Park office this week. Here’s his review from Yelp.
Small repair. Done in a 15 minute walk up. Best service I have had in a long time. Highly recommend!