Amazing service!! Had a Mac that I recently acquired for my children. Brought all three kids to the store and Chris K. took amazing care of us. Even helped me entertain the kids. A+++ service. Will be going back to see them again.
MacMedics of Millersville has been very helpful, instructive, and considerate in every interaction with them concerning my MacBook Air . From the first moment of the first phone contact I spoke with a person who was not only a good listener but also alive and quick to set up my appointment! At their facility I received thoughtful attention, sensitive assessment of my situation, and pertinent advice including viable, clear options from MacMedics President Dana himself. My decisions about these options were respected, and my concerns addressed sensitively. He also rapidly answered a followup query a week later, providing extra advice about security, dealing with every segment of the problem patiently. I heartily recommend MacMedics of Millersville to any Mac customer who wishes to be treated well by experts who also
demonstrate kindness and a sense of humor!
I can’t tell you how wonderful MacMedics has been!
I can’t tell you how wonderful MacMedics has been! I am a photographer who has used Apple products for years. I end up taking hundreds of GB worth of photos and am very hard on my computer when it comes to editing and storing all of them. My Mac was a few years old and I wanted to upgrade my RAM and hard drive space. After speaking to MacMedics they helped me find the best solution- I ended up installing extra RAM, getting a solid state hard drive for my operating system, and getting separate hard drives to help store all of my photos. They fixed everything efficiently and were really patient and thorough when answering all of my questions! When I later had some issues with my disk permissions, they were able to walk me through what I needed to do to fix these and the problem was solved. Many people have no idea where to turn for Apple services, sales, or data recovery, so they just end up going to the Apple Store and paying too much for it, not getting an accurate diagnosis, or going elsewhere and ending up with terrible service. But that is not the case with MacMedics- they are great on all accounts. They also give you a 1 year warranty- a big plus in my book. Highly recommended!
We’re MacMedics, an Apple Authorized “Mac-Only” Macintosh consulting, service, and sales company that provides Mac Service and Solutions the entire Mid-Atlantic region. We’re looking for experienced On-Site Macintosh Technicians/Consultants/Engineers to join our Washington DC office FULL-TIME. If you’re an IT professional at most places, we’re guessing you work long hours. Not at MacMedics! We only expect our employees to work 40 hours a week. Don’t accept any old Mac IT job if you’re never going to see you family again, or have to be “on-call” on the weekends. Come see us and find out if MacMedics can be a good fit for your new Mac career for 2015!
MacMedics (an Apple Authorized Service Provider & Apple Authorized Value Added Reseller), an award-winning regional Macintosh consulting and service company, with offices in Baltimore, Washington, and Philadelphia is seeking more on-site Macintosh Engineers to join our Washington, DC AND Baltimore, MD service and support team. As a MacMedics Macintosh Consultant/Engineer, you will be directly involved in providing and recommending Macintosh service and solutions for our thousands of on-site Macintosh clients. Some of the markets we service are; graphic design freelancers, small graphic design studios, large scale advertising agencies, in-house advertising departments, commercial printers, video production houses, colleges, universities, as well as Federal, State, and local government agencies.
The functions of this position would include: on-site Macintosh hardware and software consulting and troubleshooting, networking, cross platform integration, and backup & server configuration. Qualified individuals must have EXTENSIVE knowledge of Mac OS X and long-term experience with the Macintosh product line with a strong emphasis on the use, configuration, and troubleshooting of graphic design applications. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, and font management is absolutely essential!
A strong compensation package with performance incentives, a Macintosh MacBook Pro computer, company paid high-speed Internet access and Apple iPhone (with plan) are all provided. Other valuable benefits such as company paid Apple and Adobe technical training and certification; low-cost heath/dental insurance and a 401k plan with company matching are also included.
If you’re interested in being part of a well-established consulting company and making new and exciting and things happen, you’ll love working with MacMedics! Our service team members are focused on helping our customers and doing whatever it takes to do so. If you’re being held back, finding yourself doing more Windows work that you were planning on, tired of red tape and politics, and you want your efforts and contributions to count for something, then this position would be perfect for you! If you’re an under-appreciated/under-paid Mac fanatic, then MacMedics is where you need to be!
If you’re a current or former Apple Store Genius with extreme Mac skills and you’re investigating on how to take your Macintosh support career to the next level, we’d love to speak to you.
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Opening In The MacMedics Baltimore Office
Come work for MacMedics, the company that revolutionized on-site AND in-lab Macintosh service, sales, support, and consulting in the Mid-Atlantic region. A unique opportunity to join the MacMedics team in is available for the right person.
MacMedics is seeking an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician to join our Apple Service team. Candidates must know their way around the inside of all Macintosh models. You would be working mostly in the MacMedics office in Millersville, MD (near BWI) handing walk-in Apple warranty and non-warranty repairs, as well as repairing sick Macs for our on-site clients from time to time. This position would also include helping walk-in clients, answering the phone, helping clients trade-in and/or upgrade their Mac or iPad, add RAM and hard drive upgrades, and documenting your work with tech notes.
This position does have the potential for career advancement into other roles at MacMedics.
We’re looking for a for self-motivated person who is incredibly detail oriented and who can speak to clients on the phone with clarity and communicate well via email and tech notes.
The right applicant must be an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician and have at least 3 years of Apple hardware and software experience.
This job could be a path for career advancement for someone who is a Genius currently employed at the Apple Store who wants to get away from working in the mall, crazy retail hours, or working the night shift.
As a member of our team you will be entitled to the following:
1. A 40-hour work week. We love our work, but we know to be our best, our people need to be fresh and ready to think on their feet. Lots of IT firms promise big bucks, but they are weak on benefits and heavy on the hours.
2. A competitive salary that matches your experience.
3. A bonus plan that rewards you going the extra mile. If you can create results in a number of categories, you can add on serious dollars to your annual salary.
4. A real full-time job with a paycheck every two weeks. Lots of IT firms are looking for Mac folks to help them, but many of them only want to “contract” the help so they don’t have to pay benefits.
5. The best health and dental insurance money can buy, and MacMedics pays 75% of the premium! After 2-years of working at MacMedics we pay 100% of your insurance. And in both cases, not just for you, but also for your spouse and children.
6. A 401K program with company match. We pay all the management fees and take whatever percentage or fixed figure you desire right out of your paycheck.
7. A MacBook Pro laptop computer, iPhone, and company paid iPhone service plan.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Before you install ANY Apple Software Update, you should first ensure you have a good backup via Time Machine or other backup method. See our Apple Software Update Warnings Page here.
The OS X Yosemite v10.10.1 Update is recommended for all OS X Yosemite users.
Updating your system:
– You should back up your system before installation. To do this you can use Time Machine.
– Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system.
– You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modiﬁcations installed, or if you’ve modiﬁed the operating system through other means.
– Use Software Update to check for the latest Apple software using the Mac App Store, including this update.
– Other software updates available for your computer may appear, which you should install. Note that an update’s size may vary from computer to computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others.
About the update:
The OS X Yosemite v10.10.1 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac. This update:
– Improves Wi-Fi reliability
– Improves reliability when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server
– Resolves an issue that may prevent Mail from sending messages through certain email service providers
– Addresses an issue prevents connecting to remote computers using Back to My Mac
– Resolves an issue where sharing services, Notification Center widgets and Actions may not be available
– Addresses an issue that could cause Notification Center settings to not be retained after a restart
– Addresses an issue that might prevent the Mac App Store from displaying certain updates
– Addresses an issue that could prevent some Mac mini computers from waking from sleep
– Resolves an issue that might prevent Time Machine from displaying older backups
– Addresses an issue that might prevent entering text in Japanese
For enterprise customers, this update:
– Allows you to append search domains for partially qualified domain names when performing DNS lookups (consult the discoveryd man page for more information)
– Addresses an issue where the Mac App Store might offer an update to Apple Remote Desktop when the latest version is already installed
EXPLORE YOUR CREATIVE COMMUNITY
Baltimore Behance Portfolio Review Event 6
November 8 @ 6pm – 1221 Scott St., Baltimore, MD 21230
“Attend your local Portfolio Review to present and get feedback on your work, hear from a remarkable range of guest speakers, and socialize with members of your local creative community.”
Bring your creative projects, in any form, to share in a FREE, casual evening of feedback, food, and fun! For over two years, Behance Portfolio Review Week events have occurred across the globe. Adobe’s acquisition of Behance significantly extended their reach.
Baltimore has been involved from the very beginning. Led by Jon-Michael Moses, the Baltimore group is turning this event into a key focal point around which area creatives can meet, trade knowledge, collaborate and enrich creativity in Maryland.
For the November 8 event, the group is proud to include as volunteer mentors:
Cephas Jackson, Omega Sound Studios
Dean Alexander, Dean Alexander Photography
Bob and Frank Cicero, Globe Poster / MICA
Luke Rettig, 990 films
Know someone who could fill a gap or benefit from attendance? Point them to the event! ALL creative minds, from Performing Arts to Web Developers, are welcome!
A photo booth, and even some space to accommodate performing arts, promises to make this a festive occasion. Door prizes include two 1-year memberships to Adobe Creative Cloud.
The event is hosted by Chris Rothe of Write Notepads and will take place at The Bindery, a lofty industrial studio just a few blocks from M&T stadium. Uber is providing transportation, up to $30, so there is no excuse not to come see what the Baltimore Behance group is about! RSVP NOW!
Jon-Michael Moses, Breck Jones, Vicky Ryder, Chris Rothe
OS X Yosemite, the latest major release of the world’s most advanced operating system, is now available as a free upgrade from the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac systems.
OS X Yosemite takes the power and simplicity of the Mac to a new level, with a beautiful new design and enhancements to the apps you use every day. And with OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 continuity features, your Mac and iOS devices work together in amazing new ways.
OS X Server 4.0 is also available from the Mac App Store and requires OS X Yosemite.
While we understand the urge to dive right in to Yosemite now that it’s available, MacMedics advises that you take the usual necessary precautions before making this upgrade and hold off on upgrading Macs that are critical to your business. Be sure to check Yosemite’s system requirements and follow the MacMedics Blog and the MacMedics Twitter feed for posts noting any Yosemite bugs and compatibility issues.
Mac mini brings the latest advanced technologies to the most affordable Mac, while retaining its compact, energy-efficient design.
Featuring fourth-generation dual-core Intel Core processors, faster Intel graphics, next-generation Wi-Fi, two Thunderbolt 2 ports, Fusion Drive option, and OS X Yosemite, the new Mac mini delivers the full Mac experience with great performance for everyday use.
The iMac family now includes the 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display, featuring the world’s highest resolution display. With 14.7 million pixels and a 5120-by-2880 resolution, the new Retina display has four times more pixels than the standard 27-inch iMac and 67 percent more pixels than a 4K display.
The new iMac comes in the same amazing 5 mm-thin aluminum and glass enclosure as the other iMac models. With fourth-generation Intel Core processors, powerful AMD graphics, Thunderbolt 2, Fusion Drive, and OS X Yosemite, the 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display combines the ultimate display with the ultimate desktop computer.