Archive for the ‘Apple Store’ tag
The only place I will ever go for any Mac products.
Brought in a MacBook Pro and had the hard drive replaced and all data transferred. Two weeks later the track pad went crazy. I was on vacation and emailed Dana and he answered back immediately. When I returned home, I took the computer back and after consulting with Chris, decided to purchase a new MacBook Air. I was refunded the cost of the newly replaced hard drive and given a fair trade-in discount for my old computer. Great guys to work with and I recommend them highly for the personal service they provide. The only place I will ever go for any Mac products.
MacMedics remains our go-to place when time and getting it right is of the essence.
I brought my wife’s 2011 MacBook Air into the MacMedics Baltimore office yesterday to see if they could help remove some cruft from her machine’s hard drive. I was having some trouble removing all of the adware. Jeff met us at the door and in no time had downloaded an adware removal tool onto her hard drive, removed the adware, a boatload of movies and other items our daughter had placed on the machine and got the machine back to its former speed. Great to see professionals at work. This remains our go-to place when time and getting it right is of the essence. Thanks, guys.
Thanks Mac Medics
Thanks Mac Medics, especially Mike, for the excellent job of migrating the data and applications from my old Mac Pro to the new one. Could have had the migrating done cheaper at the local Apple Store but wanted to go with a trusted and reliable source for my data transfer. This is the second time I’ve used Mac Medics, and it was well worth the cost and saving my time. Also, Mac Medics is always there to respond to my questions with sound advice.
MacMedics was perfect!
MacMedics was perfect! I called them in the morning and told them about my Mac mayhem and they told me to come right over to the store. They fixed the problem in about 20 minutes and gave me all the information about was wrong with the computer and why. I understand that it may not always be that easy, but it was perfect timing. It was a million times more cost and time effective than any experience I have had at the Apple Store. They also were not condescending like the Apple Store can be. I will always come to MacMedics for all my Mac needs and definitely suggest you do the same. I also noticed that they have refurbished Mac products at great prices so definitely think about contacting them before buying your next iPad or MacBook. It was also great supporting a local business. Thanks MacMedics!
Two thumbs up!
Two thumbs up! When my MacBookPro began making ominous grinding noises during my travels I feared the worst, and set out to buy a new one – a cost I could ill-afford… Apple doesn’t repair laptops more than 5 yes old, so the store in Baltimore helpfully suggested that I consult with a good ‘repair shop’ before buying and gave me short list of reputable service providers to chose from. Two places in town could have helped but the turn around was more than a week – too late for my next flight. However, MacMedics assured me a 24 to 48 turn around, well worth the longish drive to Severna Park. Their service speaks for itself: – professional welcome and diagnostic on the spot, within a few minutes of my arrival I understood the problem (fan was shot); – Recommended replacement of fan, hard drive (to solid state for best performance). – They called the next morning (less than 24 hrs) for pick up; – They had done what they promised, ensured that nothing was lost from my old hard drive, completely updated the operating system, answered all my somewhat anxious questions and replaced – as a courtesy – rubber tabs under the laptop for which I knew Apple charged about $10 a pop. So, the laptop is working very well, the mechanics have been cleaned and renewed, the operating system has been updated, and I saved over $1,000. What’s not to like?
Amazing service!! Had a Mac that I recently acquired for my children. Brought all three kids to the store and Chris K. took amazing care of us. Even helped me entertain the kids. A+++ service. Will be going back to see them again.
I can’t tell you how wonderful MacMedics has been!
I can’t tell you how wonderful MacMedics has been! I am a photographer who has used Apple products for years. I end up taking hundreds of GB worth of photos and am very hard on my computer when it comes to editing and storing all of them. My Mac was a few years old and I wanted to upgrade my RAM and hard drive space. After speaking to MacMedics they helped me find the best solution- I ended up installing extra RAM, getting a solid state hard drive for my operating system, and getting separate hard drives to help store all of my photos. They fixed everything efficiently and were really patient and thorough when answering all of my questions! When I later had some issues with my disk permissions, they were able to walk me through what I needed to do to fix these and the problem was solved. Many people have no idea where to turn for Apple services, sales, or data recovery, so they just end up going to the Apple Store and paying too much for it, not getting an accurate diagnosis, or going elsewhere and ending up with terrible service. But that is not the case with MacMedics- they are great on all accounts. They also give you a 1 year warranty- a big plus in my book. Highly recommended!
Love the fast service and knowledgeable technicians!
Thanks, Macmedics for repairing my macbook hard drive! Totally covered under warranty-most appreciated for finding that out for us! Love the fast service and knowledgeable technicians!!
-Severna Park, MD
Mac Medics was able to understand my problem
Mac Medics was able to understand my problem and fix my computer much faster than I expected! I spent a week of frustration on the phone with Apple and even went it to an Apple Store but no one was able to help me. I walked in to Mac Medics, explained my problem and I was out of there in less than 15 minutes! I went in on a Monday and my Mac was returned to me on Friday – after being sent to Apple and getting the hard-drive recovered at Mac Medics. I am very impressed with the staff at Mac Medics and I would highly recommend their services! Thank you!
-St. Marys City, Maryland
They will be our go-to folks for Mac repair from now on
Chris was very knowledgable, friendly and helpful, and we talked about a number of options. This was about 2 pm on a Friday afternoon. He had the fan replaced, a new hard disk installed plus additional memory by 4pm the same day. I am impressed. They will be our go-to folks for Mac repair from now on.
-Sandy Spring, Maryland
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
“Thank you, thank you, thank you! You saved my data, and I’m grateful (and busy running the back-up right now).”
-Severna Park, Maryland
Great service as always!
“Thanks so much for getting Andrew out to help us so soon– he was great, and we’re very happy to be back up and running. Great service as always, thanks again!”
-Silver Spring, MD
I wish I had just gone to MacMedics first!
“In an effort to replace an old 2006 Macbook’s hard drive, I disrupted a few parts and was unable to get the unit to power on. I took the thing to both XXXXXXXXXXX in XXXXXXXXXX and two Apple stores before going to MacMedics. I wish I had just gone there first! The consultant Ed made a few quick adjustments and had the thing fixed in a jiffy, at no charge (I paid Chesapeake Computing a $40 service fee for nothing – they held it for almost two weeks and then informed me it wouldn’t turn on – duh!). MacMedics is what the Genius Bar should really be. Great customer service and truly knowledgeable staff. Thanks, Ed! You were awesome. Will definitely be back.”
This consultant was very easy to work with
“They made an effort to fix my MacBook Air after I spilled water on it. The consultant did a great job, but more importantly, he was understanding and easy to work with!”
Great Expertise! Reliable, Fast, Honest, Affordable!
“I was a MAC convert only a few years ago. My kids have been using MACS for years, all through high school and college. We’ve purchased from, and had MACMEDICS servicng our MACS since 2005, that 1st MAC I bought my now 25 year old, is still in operation in 2014. I purchased my Macbook Air, second hand from MACMEDICS 3 years ago, Im kind of tough on it, Ive used it everywhere with my mifi hotspot. Ive had it serviced 3 separate times by them. Each time MacMedics has performed service for us on mine or my kids MACS, I’ve been thrilled with how fast they are, and how reasonable they are. I highly recommend them!”
-Severna Park, Maryland
MacMedics – The 911 place to go
“I had a hardware issue with my IMAC with regards to the hard drive. When I took my IMAC to the Apple store, the hardware issue migrated to the white screen of death. I purchased a new IMAC and asked if it was possible to transfer data from the old hard drive. Unfortunately, the Apple personnel could not due to the issue with the hard drive. I searched the internet and stumbled upon MacMedics. I called them up and spoke to Chris who said they would look into seeing if they could retrieve the hard drive data. The good news was that it might be possible. I left them my new IMAC and my old hard drive and in less than a week they were able to retrieve all my data from the old hard drive and restore it on the new IMAC. I also brought in my daughter’s MacBook Pro and they replaced the old hard drive with a new solid state hard drive. Her Mac is now running efficiently. Pricing is very reasonable. Service is superb. Why would one want to go to any place other than MacMedics. If you want, you can ship your Mac to them and they will ship the repaired product back to you. Might sound corny, but thanks to a hard drive problem I found a place that is honest, responsible and and will only fix what is needed. A special thanks to Ed who worked on my IMAC and my daughters MacBook.”
– Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
MacMedics Super Service
“The Apple Store is always so busy with longer wait times. I highly recommend MacMedics, they always respond immediately to your issues or concerns. I dealt with Brandon Carter who is very knowledgeable and walk me through the corrective action.”
-Kent Island, Maryland
This consultant went above and beyond and did a great job.
“After having many problems with my mac, I went to the Apple store twice and spent over 5 hours in store (and they were still unable to fix my Mac even though it was still under warrantee). After leaving the Apple store and still having a computer that didn’t work, I found MacMedic’s store information and brought in my computer. Not only was every single employee beyond professional, understanding, and polite, they were also were able to fix my computer in less then 2 days! I have nothing but great things to say about MacMedics and would highly recommend this store to anyone who has an Apple product related issue!”
Dana Stibolt did an excellent job! Professional and timely service!
“I have to tell you about the wonderful experience I had with MacMedics, namely Dana Stibolt. It was Memorial Day weekend (Friday) and one of our Macs at THE LAND of KUSH vegan restaurant in Baltimore went haywire. The software wouldn’t launch. We kept seeing a spinning circle but no progress. After running HD diag and determining that there was possibly something wrong with the HD, we debated between going to the Apple store and purchasing a new one or seeking out other alternatives. We recalled one of our customers, Dana Stibolt, working for this company MacMedics so we reached out to him to get some direction. The million dollar question…”Is your data worth $200?” The answer, “YES!” Dana came out the same day to diagnose the problem. The hard drive needed to be replaced but most importantly HE SAVED OUR DATA!!!!! Everything was back to normal by Tuesday afternoon! Thanks a million, Dana!!!”
Thanks for the quick Macintosh Service.
“I just wanted to express my thanks for your quick repair of my MAC. As it is the lifeblood of my company, your quick attention and turnaround were greatly appreciated. As a small business owner, our computer equipment is crucial to our success. I dropped my MAC off on Wednesday afternoon, and you were able to diagnose the problem, have the part ordered and put it all back together for me to pick up by Thursday afternoon, limiting the impact to my business. I am so glad I found your company and plan to use MACMEDICS for all my future computer requirements.”
Customer for life!
I just returned from MacMedics on Benfield Blvd. My 2006 IMAC was not receiving e-mail and after trying unsuccessfully for days to solicit help from Verizon and Mac Support, I was at my wits end.
Long story short, I called at 10AM, made the 20 minute trek to MacMedics and was home with my beloved MAC in perfect working condition by 11:45AM. Sounds made up but it’s the truth.
The attendant (Chris) took over the repair process immediately and got right to the problem while explaining the mechanics of his repair. When I asked “how much?”, he said “it only took me 5 minutes so there is no charge”.
Needless to say, the customer service here is “off the charts”. These people are completely honest and extremely knowledgeable.
I have been considering upgrading to the new 27″ and when I do, I will be going to MacMedics rather than an Apple store.
Kudos to MacMedics! You have a customer for life!
MacMedics Is the Only Independent Apple Authorized Service Provider in Anne Arundel County, Maryland
MacMedics is the ONLY independent Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. MacMedics’ office in Severna Park, MD is close to the Annapolis and Columbia Apple Stores. (Our other office in the area is the MacMedics office in Lanham, MD, which is a good option for those that live or work closer to Washington DC.) So if you’ve got a tough Macintosh repair problem that the Apple Store could not solve, we are the closest place to visit for a second opinion.
MacMedics offers Macintosh help, training, Apple Authorized Service, and Apple Authorized Sales assistance without the hassle of:
A. getting to the mall.
B. finding a parking spot.
C. lugging your iMac or older Mac Pro desktop and walking it all the way through the mall.
D. trying to first get an appointment with an Apple Genius, and then not getting enough time to really pick their brains for expert Macintosh advice.
Plus as an added bonus, most MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air repairs are performed locally right here in our shop. The Apple Store will usually send your unit away for Apple Depot Service.
It’s also important to know that the Apple Store does not perform data recovery. If you think your data is at risk, having anyone look at it further or trying to copy the data in any way is usually a bad idea. As hard drives fail, they generate heat, and as they generate heat they fail further. We’ll remove the drive from your computer and put it right on our data recovery equipment to try and rescue your data. Our fee for this type of recovery is only $499 with a free 1TB USB hard drive. Read more about our process and levels of pricing here.
Our expert Apple Certified employees stand ready to help at anytime. We are super proud to be an award-winning Apple Authorized Service Provider, an Apple Authorized Value Added Reseller, an Apple Authorized Government Reseller, and Certified Members of the Apple Consultants Network.
We’re a great alternative to either buying a new Mac or bringing a sick Mac computer to the mall. In fact, we’re the only Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider in Anne Arundel or Prince Georges counties (or in the entire Baltimore or Washington DC area. There is only one other Apple Authorized Premium Service Provider in all of Maryland, according to Apple. This award recognizes us for several things, but most importantly for accuracy and speed of Macintosh repairs. There’s a reason that MacMedics is the most frequently referred service firm for tough Mac service cases, like LCD replacements, liquid damage, vintage or obsolete Mac equipment, and Macintosh data recovery. With well over 65,000 in-lab and on-site service cases and our staff’s combined Mac experience of over 200 years, MacMedics IS the place to bring your sick Mac!
Come visit either of our two fully-staffed and stocked Macintosh Service & Sales locations in Lanham, MD (1 Mile from I-495/I-95 just inside the Beltway of off Rt 50 and Martin Luther King Hwy.) or in Severna Park, MD (near BWI Airport 3 miles from I-97 or 1.5 mile from RT 2 Ritchie Highway).
For folks that live in Anne Arundel County or more specifically, Annapolis, Davidsonville, or Bowie and work in the Baltimore metro area, MacMedics in Severna Park, Maryland IS the most convenient option for Apple sales and service. We stock all of the most common Apple, computers, iPads, iPods, and Apple accessories, like MacBook & MacBook Pro batteries, PowerBook, iBook, and MagSafe and MagSafe 2 power adapters, back up hard drives, and FireWire & USB cables.
Also, in comparison to the Apple Store, our Apple Warranty and AppleCare service is the fastest. Most Apple warranty repairs are generally complete within 24-hours. With our Severna Park store being 3-minutes from I-97 or RT-2 and our Lanham office being 1-minute from RT 50, it’s super easy to get to us and drop off your repairs quickly. Pull up right at our office door and you can be inside in 5 steps.
Got a problem and want to talk about it? Just pick up the phone and call your nearest MacMedics office. It’s unlikely that you can get anyone at the Apple Store on the phone, and most other places just send you to voicemail. You will only get voicemail here if every single phone line we have is tied up (and that does happen).
MacMedics has been in business and fixing Macs all over town since before the Apple Store or anyone else. We are very proud to be celebrating 26-years of service to the Central Maryland, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Northern Virginia area!
No doubt, you’ve heard that the Apple Store has announced a new program for business called Joint Venture. Apple has priced Joint Venture at $500.
Apple says they will “Set You Up” and work with you from beginning to end to set up new computers so that they are ready within 24-hours. Generally speaking, the same service from MacMedics can be obtained in the same amount of time, plus we offer either in-lab data transfer and set up or we can do the same at your home or office. There’s no reason to pay a premium to quickly get a new computer set up.
The $500 fee that Apple charges is for only five computers, so if you have more than five computers you’ll need to pay more. Also, many Apple customers have fewer than 5 Macs, so by paying for a subscription to support for more, you’re likely wasting money. At MacMedics we can design a Mac service and support program that’s right for your situation and at a price that’s affordable for you!
Apple’s Joint Venture program also has a training aspect, which is great in theory, but will you ever use it? Have you ever been to the Apple Store? It’s not usually well suited for corporate training.
MacMedics can perform training for you and your staff at our office or yours. If you need us to train you or your staff, you can be sure that you’re getting the very best in real-world Macintosh experience and that the information we convey will be custom tailored to your needs and not “cookie cutter” general knowledge training. Pay for the training that you need when you need it, and IF you need it. There’s a reason why MacMedics has been selected for training for organizations such as Network Solutions, Under Armour, and the Salvation Army.
Apple says “For the first time ever, you can speak to an Apple Genius over the phone”. Well, this is nothing new to us. You’ve always been able to call MacMedics and speak to a Macintosh Certified Expert over the phone. To us, it appears that Joint Venture is primarily designed to give you “paid access” to your local Apple Store. At MacMedics, we love to talk shop and if you need basic support, advice, or guidance, just pick up the phone and give us a call. There’s never a charge to speak to technician. If you need advanced support and/or remote desktop support you can pay for just what you need and you don’t need a contract or a subscription to call. In fact you don’t even need to be a MacMedics client to pick up the phone and call us!
The Joint Venture program also offers a loaner MacBook Pro or MacBook Air that you can use if you computer is in for repair. We have two thoughts on this topic:
1. If you really need loaner protection, why not enroll your Macintosh in our Service Partner Program. With this program we’ll come to your office, loan you a computer (if needed) and fix any hardware issue for free. Our program offers more valuable benefits (like free covered repairs) then Apple’s Joint Venture and if you only have 2 or 3 computers our Service Partner Program can cost less then Joint Venture!
2. If you need a rental unit while your computer is in for service, we can supply a low-cost rental (if you enroll in Service Partner then this is free). The other thing to remember that is that A. we never send computers out to Apple Depot Service so our repairs are usually much, much quicker than the Apple Store Genius Bar, and B. MacMedics is so fast, you may not even need a rental computer.
MacMedics has two very affordable service programs for our clients to use.
This ultra-affordable service plan is designed for clients who want to come to us and have one or a small group of computers they want to have protected.
There are several great benefits:
1. Low Cost – It’s priced at $99 or $149 depending on your computer
2. Priority Service – If you’re a WISP member, your repair moves to the front of the line!
3. Covered Hardware Repairs – Any part that fails on your computer (minus the battery), we replace it for free! No Part cost AND No Labor cost.
4. Free Technical Support – With the WISP program you get three 15-minute technical support incidents per year. On the phone, in person or via remote desktop support.
5. Free Data Migration – If you buy a new Mac or your want to move your data to a new computer while enrolled. We’ll transfer your data for free. (Limit 1 time per year)
$99 for MacBooks, Mac Minis, and iMacs
$149 for MacBook Pros, and Mac Pros
MacMedics Service Partner Program:
For MacMedics clients that need Advanced On-Site Mac Support, we proudly offer the MacMedics Service Partner Program.
There are three main benefits:
1. 6-Hour On-site Response – Got a problem? Hardware or software, we come to you and in no less then 6-hours.
2. Free Loaner Equipment – If we cannot fix your computer on-site, we’ll supply a free loaner Mac while we get yours all fixed up.
3. Free Parts & Labor – All hardware repairs are covered. All parts and all labor
$99 for Mac Minis
$199 for MacBooks and iMacs
$249 for MacBook Pros, and Mac Pros
Plus if your Mac is still under AppleCare or under Apple’s Warranty, and you want to enroll it in our Service Partner Program, we do offer a discount.
Our new generation MacBook Air 13″ arrived today at MacMedics headquarters. One of our corporate clients has already laid claim to this unit.
If you’d like to get your new MacBook Air on order, just call your local MacMedics office.
MacMedics Baltimore 1-866-MAC-MEDICS
MacMedics Washington DC 1-888-4-DC-MACS
MacMedics Philadelphia 1-877-626-MEDIC
As Apple Authorized Service Providers, we perform quite a number of Macintosh warranty repairs on behalf of Apple’s customers. We also do so for many of our own customers whom have purchased their Apple gear from MacMedics.
Over the last six months or so, our Apple service business has basically doubled. The Apple Stores in the area are so overwhelmed; many Apple owners are finding out that there is an alternative to making an appointment or waiting around in the mall for a face-to-face with a Genius at the Genius Bar. See our recently updated Blog post on why it makes sense to come visit MacMedics in either Lanham (1 mile from I-495 at RT 50) or Millersville (5 minutes from BWI Airport or 10 minutes form the Annapolis Mall)
When we perform an Apple Warranty or AppleCare repair for someone, Apple sends them a survey to ask how well we performed the service on Apple’s behalf.
Apple then forwards these remarks and the accompanying scores to us with the idea that they will help improve our service.
In the latest round feedback from Apple, these anonymous comments praise MacMedics in such a level of detail it almost looks like we wrote them ourselves.
These are direct from Apple, and we’d like to thank our loyal customers for supporting us. THANKS!
-Very customer focused.
-The service was the best I have ever had on any product. Thanks!
-Technician was helpful and provided additional information on a completely unrelated topic. It was a very good experience.
-My experience with Mac Medics was amazing. I felt at ease leaving my MacBook in their hands.
-Just want to say that Mac Medics offers the best quality service for your products
-They were fantastic the service was quick the people were friendly and willing to answer all of my questions
-I was extremely satisfied with the expertise and professionalism of Mac Medics I will not hesitate to use them in the future and I have already highly recommended them to my co workers for all of their Mac needs.
-I could not be more happy with the combined service of Apple and Mac Medics. Mac Medics had it couriered to their location and I had it back on Tuesday after the Holiday. I mean serious who works this fast? While the rest of the country enjoyed their 3-day weekend somebody was working on my problem. My satisfaction is off of the charts and I have told many peers and coworkers this amazing story. Thanks again!!!!
-They went above and beyond what was required of them. Very professional and thorough.
-Great company! Easy to use. Nice people.
-Repair was done in timely manner. Personnel were helpful, professional & courteous. Repair was completely satisfactory.
-The Apple Authorized Service Provider was EXCELLENT!!!!
-Thank you very much. All of the staff were knowledgeable and personable. There was open and honest communication promotions and deals were shared and customer service was exceptional.
-Matt at Mac Medics knew right away how to resolve my problem.
-Great service builds on Apples’s reputation of great service.
-Mac Medics was convenient in location SUPER QUICK and professional.
-I cannot remember EVER having such a good experience with a repair of ANYTHING. I have already shared my happy experience with everyone I know who owns a Mac – and even some who don’t!
-MacMedics said it was a video card issue. Seems like they were right. So far I’ve had no black screen issues since the repair was performed.
If you spill coffee into your MacBook or MacBook Pro, the trick is to get it to MacMedics fast. Don’t try to fix it yourself, and just because it seems to be working OK, does NOT mean you’re out of the woods. Best thing to do is try to mop up excess liquid, remove the battery, then get it to us a quickly as possible.
Here are some Do-It-Yourself procedures to avoid:
1. Don’t try to turn the unit on NO MATTER WHAT. If there is liquid in the unit, and it’s making a connection between anything, then that could very well be the end of your laptop.
2. Don’t try to take the unit apart yourself. It’s not that hard to take off most MacBook’s top case, but to ensure the liquid is gone, the logic board needs to be removed in almost every case.
3. Don’t try to clean your logic board or any other part of your computer with “distilled” water. In fact, we don’t recommend you even try to clean it at all.
4. If moisture gets in, it’s usually not going to go away on it’s own. If your computer seems to be working after a spill, then that means you most likely got lucky and we might be able to fix/save your MacBook or MacBook Pro. But, in order to do so, turn the unit off and remove the battery. The liquid problem almost never goes away on it’s own.
5. If you have something like coffee, orange juice, soda, and many other type of acidic liquids, two things, 1. the acid will cause more corrosion than just water, and 2. Anything that has sugars in it won’t totally evaporate, it will just turn in a syrup which can cause it’s own set of problems. If you are growing a corrosion “science fair” project inside your laptop, you’ll end up with something that looks like mold that we call “creeping crud“. This stuff is nasty, because as long as it’s inside your unit, it can sort of “grow” and “creep” to reach other parts of your computer and cause more damage along the way. Anything it touches and then grows on will get get fried if power is applied (even well after the liquid is long gone). It’s also very brittle and it can crack off and then “float” around inside of your unit causing more issues as it “pinballs” its way around the inside of your computer.
6. Do us a big favor, don’t put your Apple laptop into an oven to dry it out. This can cause a whole new set of problems. We just wrapped up writing an estimate on a Unibody MacBook Pro that the owner tried to take it apart, then tried to clean the keyboard with water, and then baked the whole thing in the oven. Total repair $1700. New computer $1200.
One other thing to think about: Your hard drive. If your data is NOT backed up, your liquid soaked laptop could be putting your data at risk. This is the first thing we look a when working on a liquid spill case. We remove the hard drive and check to ensure that your data is safe. Most DIY repairs don’t take this into account, and most won’t take the controller off the hard drive to ensure there’s no liquid under it. When making a back up plan, you should take into account laptop damage as a possible way for your data to get in harm’s way. Please ensure you have a back up (tested and working) at all times.
Here’s a testimonial for one that we fixed a while back. This client was smart and he got the unit to us quickly, so we could get the coffee out while it was still wet.
“Well I’ve received my MacBook delivered back to me via your courier; and, I have to tell you that it was like getting a member of the family home from the hospital. Five days after buying my MacBook, I spilled coffee across the open laptop: I was certain that I had just spent $1,200 for coffee I wouldn’t get to enjoy. I never dreamed you could have saved my files– much less the entire computer. I am in awe of the dedication and skill it must have taken to disassemble my laptop, clean it piece by piece, and then return it to me as good as new. Thank you for the attention, the care, and the professionalism you demonstrated in far exceeding my expectations in quality of service and affordability. I highly recommend MacMedics, and would encourage any Mac user who drinks coffee to put your number on speed dial.”
The Apple Store won’t upgrade your hard drive for you. But, MacMedics can, and we can do so either in or out of Apple warranty.
Here’s a common hard drive scenario that we help MacMedics clients with every day.
Your hard drive has failed, but you’d like to replace with a larger hard drive.
This makes perfect sense. Your MacBook with a 120 GB hard drive kicks the bucket, and in the process of replacing it, you’d like to upgrade it. MacMedics can help!
In Warranty: If your Mac is under warranty AND it’s hard drive fails, we can upgrade you to a larger capacity hard drive “under warranty”. All you do is pay for a new hard drive in the capacity of your choice.
Here’s how it happens:
1. We diagnose your computer’s hard drive as failed.
2. We order a new hard drive from Apple.
3. We install a new third party hard drive in the capacity of your choice.
4. We will install a new operating system on your new hard drive. (good time to upgrade your OS if you wish!)
5. You pay MacMedics for the cost of the new hard drive.
6. We send your old hard drive back to Apple.
7. We give you the Apple replacement hard drive to keep.
Your total cost: Just the price of a new hard drive, assuming we don’t also have to worry about or recover any of your data.
The free “original” size hard drive is yours to keep and you can sell it, keep it as a spare part, or use it to upgrade one of your other Macintosh computers.
Installing a new, large, faster, and more robust hard drive in your Macintosh does not void your AppleCare warranty. The only caveat that you have to keep in mind is that the Apple warranty WILL NOT cover the third party hard drive under Apple’s warranty. But if it should fail it is covered by a 1-year MacMedics warranty.
Out Of Warranty: If your Mac is out of warranty, we can also replace your hard drive with any size hard you would like. Most hard drive “upgrades” or “retirements” are done for our flat fee of $150 plus the cost of the hard drive. (Black or White original MacBooks are done for $99)
Obviously, if we have to recover your data from a failing hard drive, and provide other services in order to get your computer back in shape other charges may apply.
Here’s how it happens:
1. We diagnose your computer’s hard drive as failed.
2. You choose a new hard drive size and speed.
3. We install that new hard drive for you.
4. We clone your data from old hard drive to new hard drive
5. We test and run updates on your computer.
MacMedics keeps all popular hard drive sizes and speeds in stock at all times, so we can get you back on-line as quickly as possible.
This is just one more reason that MacMedics is often a better choice than trekking to your local Apple Store and dragging your iMac or Mac Pro through the mall.
When MacMedics performs an Apple Warranty or AppleCare repair for one of our clients, Apple sends a follow up e-mail to ask how we did. These are some of the mini-reviews that we have received.
#1 The service I received at MacMedics was very good and they always called me and left messages updating the status and progress of my computer.
#2 I loved being able to walk in talk to a rep and have the work started right away. They have great customer service they always keep me up to date on their progress and explain their work and my service options every step of the way.
#3 They were awesome. Nuff said. Dana runs a great show there.
#4 They were fantastic. The service was quick the people were friendly and willing to answer all of my questions.
These are anonymous comments, so if one of these Apple Warranty or AppleCare reviews for MacMedics is yours, thank you!
If you need Apple Macintosh please consider visiting MacMedics in Millersville or Lanham instead of trekking to your local Apple Store. You never need an appointment, we’re 10 steps from your car, We’re cheaper, we’re faster (most warranty repairs are completed in 24 hours), and above all we’re accurate! We only fix what needs fixing.
Don’t take our word for it. Here’s three recent comments from clients MacMedics has performed Apple warranty repairs for:
1. As always the people at Mac Medics were right on point and offered the best quality service. I have never been disappointed with any visit to them and would highly recommend them to anyone who needed service.
2. They went beyond just repairing the problem. They made recommendations and then provided solutions as to how I might prevent the possible consequences of the problem in the future. I am highly satisfied with every aspect of their service.
3. This MacMedics location is unbelievable….repaired in under 24 hours. Called me to come pickup and explained all repairs and warranty issues.They are definitely the hardest working group in your network. I can’t say enough abut their professionalism and attention to detail.
MacMedics is a 100% Apple Macintosh-only, award-winning consulting and service firm founded in the Annapolis area in 1989. As Apple Authorized Value Added Resellers and Apple Authorized Service Providers, MacMedics is able to provide full-spectrum Apple-centric and specialized consultation and service to wide array of industries, agencies, and organizations.
MacMedics offers their progressive style of on-site Mac service and repair to most of the Mid-Atlantic region via their three offices located in Baltimore, Washington DC, and Philadelphia, PA. MacMedics services all Macs, Macintosh servers, and Mac networks in professional, government, educational, and home environments.
Here’s ten reasons to come see the friendly folks at the MacMedics Mac Lab in Severna Park or Lanham:
1. No appointments are necessary at MacMedics: Just walk in and our expert Apple Certified Techs will take great care of you.
2. No lines: We’re always busy, but there’s almost never a wait to speak to a MacMedic Tech.
3. Quick Check In: Tell us what your Mac’s issue or problem is, and we’ll get right on the case! We’ll call you to talk in detail when we have an idea of what’s going on with your unit and what ALL of your options are. MacMedics offers an initial Macintosh Dialogistic for your computer at no charge. If we have to dig deep with part testing or advanced software testing our fee is only $99, and only if you choose NOT to have your machine repaired.
4. No lugging your Apple iMac through the mall: Our front door is less then 5 steps from our parking lot. You can bring your Mac in, or come in and get us, and we’ll carry it in for you.
5. Quick Turn-Around: Our goal for in-lab service it to have it done in less then 24 hours. Many repairs take less time, and if that’s the case then your Mac will be back to you even quicker.
6. Hassle free warranty: Got a Mac that needs out of warranty service? The Apple Store only offers a 90-day service warranty. MacMedics “Hassle Free” warranty is a full 1-year!
7. Need a new Mac? We’ve got them: Come pick out what you want, and we’ll be happy to help with no sales hype! MacMedics is an Apple Authorized Value Added Reseller, so you can get the equipment you need coupled with the very best advice from the experts at MacMedics.
8. Full Apple Authorized Service for iPhone, iPad, and iPods: If your iPhone is broken, we can send it directly to Apple. If you have AppleCare+ and you screen is cracked Apple will supply you with a free loaner while your iPhone is away. If your iPhone is under warranty and is NOT damaged, you also get a free Apple supplied loaner. If you are out of warranty and need a loaner, we can supply one for $50 with a data transfer from your sick phone to a loaner, and then from the loaner back to your “fixed” iPhone.
9. Advanced, complex, or difficult repairs are performed at MacMedics every day: If you’ve been quoted an exorbitant amount of money to have your Mac fixed at the Apple Store, MacMedics can help! Liquid damage, fried logic boards, SuperDrive replacements, broken LCDs or MacBook Pro LCD clamshell replacement, and severe Macintosh case damage are all offered at MacMedics and often for hundreds of dollars less then Apple (or anywhere else!).
10. Data recovery and data preservation. A. When we work on your Apple device, we’ll work hard to protect your data. If you’ve lost your data, our Advanced Data Migration starts at just $249. That fee covers the data data recovery and all repair labor to replace your hard drive and also restore your data. Advanced Data Recovery is $499 and includes a free 1TB hard drive to return your data to you.